Policy and Procedures for Unofficial Withdrawal for Title IV Aid
Unofficial Withdrawal Policy
Students are defined as unofficially withdrawn for Title IV purposes when they receive an “XF” grade for the semester. The XF grade means the student did not complete the coursework and quit attending class during the semester but did not officially withdraw from the class.
- At the end of each semester, a report is generated of all students who have Title IV aid and who have all XF’s for the semester.
- The last date of attendance is determined by the instructors and reported when they submit grades.
- If a last day of attendance cannot be otherwise determined, the student is assumed to have attended 50% of the enrollment period and the formula is calculated based on that length of attendance.
- Students will be billed for resulting institutional charges and repayments.
- Registrar is notified of the determined last date of attendance for each unofficial withdrawal student, so that NSC records can be updated.